Getting the maximum level for travel money is more important than ever, but even though 2009 could be a year of basement recreation, hotel prices for 2010 are unlikely to be as low-cost. This is because according to a recent traveler confidence report from Travelocity plans and travelers ’attitudes to travel are rising – and many hotels are simply no longer lowering rates to fix minimums. However, great hotel prices still exist – you just need to know where – and how – to look for them. To get travel plans, follow these simple tips:
• Go straight to the source. Many hotel companies offer the best hotel prices – with a guarantee – to those who book on the company’s website. For example, Marriott offers a “Guarantee of the best rate not to look further”, which basically states that if within 24 hours after booking a room you find a lower rate for the same dates, type of hotel and room, the company will match that rate – and will give you get an extra 25 percent. (Rules and restrictions apply.)
• Be flexible. Every traveler knows about the high season compared to the off-season and working day against the weekend, so be wary of those planning their trip. You’ll just be able to save on some of the city’s hottest hotels if you’re willing to change your travel dates.
• Financial counties. If you are traveling on a weekend, check out hotel prices in the financial area of your destination. Hotel rates in these areas are not only falling over the weekend, but also in the financial areas of many major cities are relatively close to the city’s hottest spots.
• Stay in big cities. Over the last few years, many cities have added a lot of hotel rooms – which means that if you go to, say, Las Vegas, Phoenix or even New York, you can find a better deal there than if you went to a smaller city with fewer hotel rooms.
• If you are planning a romantic getaway or traveling with someone special, many hotels only offer travel packages with unique amenities, such as vouchers that can be used for spa treatments, fine dining and golf. And if you are planning to use these benefits in any case – such packages can really help you save.